Before getting a treatment for fleas – here are some tips from our chemical manufacturer to help ensure success.
- Vacuum all rugs, carpets and furniture – especially between and under all cushions. (Then seal and dispose of the vacuum bag.)
- Clear and clean al floors, even closets. Mop all tile and vinyl floors. Sweep all concrete floors.
- Remove all decorative items, pillows, pet food, water dishes, and children’s toys – be sure to check for items under the beds and furniture.
- Remove all pets. Fish bowls and aquariums may remain if properly covered and the air pump is shut off during treatment.
- Wash or dispose of all pet bedding. If laundering, wash pet bedding separately from other linens.
- Mow your lawn and make sure everything on the ground has been removed.
- Show your pest control professional where your pets sleep, rest and eat.
After the flea treatment
- Give the treatment time to work. Do not resume vacuuming until 24 hours after the treatment.
- Once you start vacuuming, do so every 3-4 days for 2-3 weeks (to get up all the dead fleas & stimulate the pupae to hatch and be exposed to the insecticide.
- Within about 3 weeks – you should be enjoying a flea free home. Keep your pets treated with a good flea/tick treatment to avoid bring back an infestation.
Fleas have 4 life cycles – egg, larvae, pupa, and adult. It is important that the flea treatment handle all stages effectively. We use a multi-layered flea treatment that stops fleas in the adult stage, and treat deeply to prevent pre-adult fleas from maturing into breeding, biting adults. Plus, you do not have to worry about lingering odors, staining or unsightly residue.